Friday, October 7, 2011

Chocolate Cheese Mousse with Almond Nibs and Strawberries




It's a mouthful to say, and a mouthful to eat! I threw a couple of delightful ingredients together - mainly because I bought these amazing plastic square cups with lids. They look so swanky, I felt some sort of berry simply had to be involved! I reaaaally wish I live in a country where berries come fresh, cheap and plenty. I go with strawberries almost all the time because they are the only berries that can be purchased for less than RM15. I just can't make myself pay RM25 for a packet of sad looking raspberries.


So what is in these little clear square cups? Cream Cheese (0% fat!),  melted dark chocolate, chopped up almonds, and chunks of strawberries... yum! I didn't really follow a recipe, I just mixed the ingredients in with a little bit of sweeten condensed milk, and gelatine to harden the mousse up a little. Then I poured it all into the cup! It was a little thick, so next time I'll probably be adding some evaporated milk to moisten the mixture.
But, a cup full of chocolate cheese, almonds and strawberries is a perfect dessert! ;D

No comments: