Sunday, June 19, 2011

Make cupcakes in 30 mins!


I admit, my kitchen is like a barren place right now. My day job has successfully sucked all the energy and passion out of me. The only thing I'm interested in doing these days, is to sleep.

Last weekend though, I had a rare glimpse of  alone and free time. So after a whole 12 hour catch up sleep, I started to get bakey itchy. With what ever ingredients I had at home, I whipped up a batch of chocolate almond cupcakes :D

This recipe took me 30 minutes to make a batch of 18 cupcakes. It's even easier if you have a food processor.

Cream 200gm of butter with 5 oz of sugar. Add in 3 eggs. Sift in 5 oz of flour mixed with 1 oz of cocoa.

Spoon a little bit of batter into a cupcake casing, and pop a tiny bit of cooking chocolate in the middle. Then cover it up with a little more batter. That way, you'll have a yummy chocolate center. You could replace the chocolate with marshmallows. I might think some peanut butter or a slice of banana would be a nice center as well :)

The yummy chocolatey center. You'll get a happy squeal out of people, when they take a bite out of these cupcakes ;D

Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes. If you want to sprinkle some almonds or nuts on top, make sure the cupcake is baked halfway through first - or you'll find the nuts are just gonna sink into the batter as it bakes.

In 30 minutes, you'll get to enjoy fresh baked cupcakes and a great big cup of coffee. Enjoy it with a funny movie :)


Now that to me, was a perfect weekend! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Article